After breaking down the best indoor volleyballs available in the market we thought it was important to also breakdown the best indoor volleyballs for kids and young players.
Below we outline our top 5 choices. Enjoy.
Tachikara SV-MNC Volley-Lite
If you’re looking for a great indoor volleyball for your kids or young athletes just starting out, the Tachikara SV-MN Volley-Lite is the perfect beginner volleyball. It is especially constructed and designed for 12 and under volleyball players. The truth is, professional players all started as amateurs. It takes dedication, hard work, practice, a great deal of time commitment and an excellent ball to develop good skills. And the Tachikara SV-MN Volley-Lite is undoubtedly one of the best indoor volleyballs for young players to practice and perfect their skills. It is made up of a Sensi-Tec micro fibre composite leather cover that provides a softer touch. The softer touch and lighter weight of the Tachikara SV-MN Volley-Lite helps young players develop their skills with less impact. Plus, it is available in 11 different colour combinations. This will definitely get the youngsters excited!
The Tachikara SV-MNC Volley-Lite comes in a variety of cool colours:
Here are some great customer reviews for the Tachikara SV-MN Volley-Lite:
- “Finally a volleyball my 7-year old can really enjoy! I absolutely love this ball. I have tried several different balls, including a Wilson Soft Play and they were just too heavy and hurt my daughter’s arms. This ball is amazing! It’s light, there is no sting when it hits your arms, and it has the feel of a regulation volleyball. I highly suggest this volleyball for kids and even adult beginners that don’t like heaviness and sting of other volleyballs”
- “The Tachikara Volley-Lite is perfect for little players. The Tachikara Volley-Lite was recommended to me by my son’s volleyball coach for its weight and quality. The ball arrived quickly, in perfect condition, and had all the features we were hoping for- great quality, nice feel, good stitching, and the light weight that is so perfect for our little players. If you’re looking for a quality ball, order with confidence! We love ours.”
- “This is our favourite volleyball EVER! Yes, it’s lighter than the official volleyball so we can’t use it in official games, but our kids LOVE playing with it. No stingers and it’s so much easier for them to get a successful hit.”
- “I didn’t even know these existed! It’s the best volleyball for beginners. Their forearms don’t hurt when they volley so it doesn’t discourage them from wanting to get the ball. My daughter loves it & the colour is easy to find when there’s a gym full of volleyballs.”
- “Prior volleyballs hurt my daughter’s arms when she was bumping during practice. This ball remedied that situation. Soft & easy on the arms. Great for beginners. Highly recommend.”
Molten MS240-3 Light Touch Volleyball
The Molten MS240-3 Light Touch Volleyball is another great option for kids and young volleyball players aged 12 and under. Besides its ultra-soft polyurethane cover and light weight (which is perfect for younger players) the Molten MS240-3 Light Touch Volleyball is dual-purpose. Making it suitable for both indoor and outdoor beach volleyball play. This gives young players the opportunity to try out and experience both volleyball variations and find their passion in the one they love most. The ultra-soft cushioned polyurethane cover of the Molten MS240-3 Light Touch Volleyball provides a super soft touch. This enables young athletes to play comfortably without enduring any injuries. All while providing the necessary durability needed to withstand play in any environment. The Molten MS240-3 Light Touch Volleyball is available in 4 fun colour combinations.
*Insider tip: For optimal performance, additional inflation may be required
Here are some great Amazon customer reviews for the Molten MS240-3 Light Touch Volleyball:
- “Best in the market for a beginner child. I bought this to be an introduction ball to my children. One that wouldn’t hurt as bad and not be as heavy for them to get over a high net. I tried 7 other balls that claimed to do this. All failed at this except this one. All had extra padding but still hurt except this one. Most were too close to same size and weight as an adult pro ball.”
- “I got this for my 9-year old for her first season of volleyball. She loves the colour and the fact that this ball doesn’t hurt like the others is a bonus. She plays with it often and so far the seams do not show any pulling or separating.”
Molten VBU12 Light Volleyball
As the Official Volleyball of USA Volleyball and USYVL Approved, Molten’s VBU12 Youth Light Volleyball is a great ball for young players that see a future in the sport of indoor volleyball. This amazing youth indoor volleyball is made up of a soft micro-fibre composite cover. Its uni-bladder cotton wrapped construction combined with its light weight provides players with a soft touch. The soft-touch feature of the Molten VBU12 Youth Light Volleyball gives young players the opportunity to practice and maximise their skills and overall performance without being afraid of the hard bite of a heavier ball. Molten’s VBU12 Volleyball Series is intended for players aged 12 and under and is available in a variety of exciting colours.
Here are some great Amazon customer reviews for the Molten VBU12 Light Volleyball:
- “Just as advertised. My daughter & her teammates loved this ball more than my other balls. Nice & soft!”
- “My 8-year-old daughter loved this volleyball she received for Christmas last year. This year (a year later) the ball is still in great shape even after some outdoor use. She loved the pink colour.”
- That said, these are far FAR FAR superior to other brand volleyballs. It’s the only ball the club teams play with. If the clubs use them… then they must be doing something right!”
Baden Lexum Composite Game Volleyball
The Baden Lexum Composite Game Volleyball is one of the best indoor volleyballs for young athletes and up and coming indoor volleyball players. Boasting a high durability, the Baden Lexum Composite Game Volleyball is built to last. The Lexum features a cotton-wrapped butyl bladder that ensures optimal shape retention and longevity. While at the same time allowing for optimum performance and air retention throughout play or practice.
By far one of the best features of the Lexum Composite Game Volleyball for young players is its soft touch feel. This means every young player’s arms and wrists are spared from the force as a result of the exceptionally plush microfiber cover. The long-lasting, soft cover of the ball perfectly pairs with ideal tack for slip-free play. The Baden Lexum Composite Game Volleyball also features a sting-free valve. By minimizing and softening the valve system, players are guaranteed the same soft feel every time they hit any part of the ball.
The Lexum’s wide variety of fun and creative colour combinations and patterns enables young players to easily pick up on the spin and follow the ball during flight. Plus, they can have some fun choosing the perfect colour that best suits them.
Here are some great Amazon customer reviews for the Baden Lexum Composite Game Volleyball:
- “My daughter loves this volleyball! This volleyball was well made and was soft on the arms (compared to other volleyballs.) We’ve used it for about half a year and it has held up wonderfully! Would recommend for players at any skill level.”
- “This ball was perfect for my middle school daughter. It held up well through the season and had a soft touch. Very happy with this ball.”
It is vital for young indoor volleyball players to have the right ball during both practice and play. The ball you play with can affect your entire game and can often make or break a player. Playing with the right ball further aids in superior indoor volleyball performance and exceptional skill development.
So, get the best indoor volleyball ball possible so that you can really showcase your talent, skill and hard work as well as increase your level of fun and enjoyment throughout the game.
Best Indoor Volleyballs