Some of most popular knee pads for volleyball are made by Nike. There are two options when it comes to Nike volleyball knee pads. Either the Nike Essential Volleyball Knee Pads or The Streak Nike Volleyball Knee Pads.
The Knee Pads are designed to provide protection against knee injuries during play while sliding and diving around the court. Whether in actual games or practices, every volleyball player is vulnerable to knee injuries. Volleyball involves frequent digging, sliding, falling and diving which increases the risk of knee injuries including bruises, bumps, wounds, and scratches.
But which Nike options should you choose?
Summary: The Essential knee pads offer a lower profile ergonomic high-density protective design while the Streak pads are longer and have slightly thicker protective foam. However reviews say that the Streak knee pads do not last long and get torn and damaged quickly. Our Winner: The Nike Essential Knee Pads
Nike Essential Volleyball Knee Pads vs Nike Streak Essential Volleyball Knee Pads
Nike Volleyball Knee Pad Comparison Table
|XS/S, M/L, XL/XXL
|XS/S, M/L, XL/XXL
|Length: 6.7″, Width: 6.25″
|36% nylon, 21% thermoplastic, 20% polyester, 12% spandex, 11% silicone
|46% Polyester, 25% Nylon, 17% EVA, 12% Rubber
|Black, White, Zebra Black/Grey/Volt, Zebra Pink/Black/Volt
|Black, White, Green, Pink
- Low profile ergonomic high-density protective foam pad
- Simplified outer design for a streamlined look
- Protective knee pad with contoured, shock absorbing foam and abrasion resistance for optimal fit and protection
- Dri-FIT fabric to keep sweat away and help keep you dry and comfortable
- Ventilation zones at back of knee for superior breathability.
- Extra soft brushed interior lining for added comfort
- Short style design is lightweight and slim fitting and allows for unrestricted range of motion
- Knit-in Swoosh design trademark
- Available in multiple sizes and colors
Generally the reviews of both of these pads are good. The Nike Essential Pads have a rating of 4.5/5 (1343 reviews) on Amazon, and 4 stars on Zappos vs The Nike Streak Volleyball Pads with a rating of 4.5/5 (133 reviews) on Amazon, and 5 stars on Zappos.
However there are a number of reviews for the Streak pads that say they do not last well. So we suggest the Essential knee pads instead.
The Nike Essential Volleyball Knee Pads are the no 3 best selling knee pads in the category on Amazon, while The Nike Streak Volleyball Knee Pads are no 8 on the list.
Both options come in 3 sizes XS/S, M/L, XL/XXL. They generally run small.
The estimated size and fit measurement according to the manufacturer are as follows:
XL/XXL – 5’3″ – 5’11” / 160-180cm
M/L – 4’7 – 5’3″ / 140-160cm
XS/S – 3’11” – 4’7″ / 120-140cm
Nike Volleyball Knee Pads feature a simplified outer design creating a streamlined look. The knee pads are available in multiple sizes and colors. You can choose among Black, White, Zebra Black/Grey/Volt, and Zebra Pink/Black/Volt colors. These knee pads also feature the black or white Nike logo on top. The Nike Volleyball Knee Pads are available in three sizes – XS/S, M/L, XL/XXL.
The Essential knee pads are really lightweight and slim fitting. It’s short style design offers an unrestricted range of motion which allows players to jump and dive safely. The Nike Essential Volleyball Knee Pads’ ergonomic design ensures that they will stay securely in place throughout the game.
The Streak knee pads offer a longer sleeve and protective area with a bit more shock absorbing foam around knee for added protection.
On Knee Image Comparison
Other Advanced Features
The knee pads are shock-absorbance and abrasion-resistance, offering optimal fit and protection. Its low-profile ergonomic high-density protective foam guards the knees against dangerous impact and injury. The Comfortable Dri-FIT knit construction with extra soft-brushed interior lining withstands high-impact play. Also, the Dri-FIT liner reduces moisture, so you stay cool and dry throughout the game. There are also ventilation zones at the back of the knee for superior breathability.
- Multiple sizes and colors available.
- The knee pads are effective in minimizing the risk of knee injuries.
- Dri-FIT knit construction and ventilation zones makes the pads comfortable to wear.
- The knee pads may be too short or too tight for some players.
- They may be too thin if used for other rigorous sports. ( Essential Pads )
The Winner: The Nike Essential Volleyball Knee Pads wins