Park & Sun Sports Tournament 179 Review
The Park & Sun Sports Tournament 179 is one of the tournament level outdoor volleyball net systems of Park & Sun Sports. It offers an exceptional recreational performance for outdoor amateur tournaments. This portable net system comes fully equipped with everything you need to set up your volleyball court.
- 2 poles
- Air Hand Pump
- 2 Inflation Needles
- Guyline set
- Ground stakes
- Stake bag
- Boundary lines
- Hand winder
- Carrying bag
- Pole Material: Aircraft aluminum
- Pole Diameter: 1 5/8inches
- Net Material: Nylon
- Style: Slip-on straps
- Net dimension: 32 feet long x 3 feet height, with 1 1/2 inch top tape
- Ball Material: Synthetic
- Colors: Blue, orange, yellow, green
- Guyline System: Ring
- Ground Stakes: 8 inches
- Boundary Lines: 3/16 inch in diameter, pre-measured 60 feet long x 30 feet width
- Equipment Bag: Heavy-duty nylon bag with straps and full zipper
- Model: TS-179
- Brand: Park & Sun Sports
- Product Dimensions: 41 x 9.5 x 4 inches
- Product Weight: 12 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 20.2 pounds
- Price Range: $100 – $150
- Two 3-piece telescopic aircraft aluminum outdoor volleyball poles which measure 1 5/8 inches in diameter
- Push-button locking system which allows easy height adjustment to official men, women, and co-ed heights
- 3 feet by 32 feet Momentum™ outdoor volleyball net with 1 ½ inches top net tape and slip-on straps
- 3/16 inches Double guyline set with tension rings
- 8 inches steel stakes
- 3/16 inches pre-measured boundary which measures 60 feet long x 30 feet wide, with corner anchors and cord winder
- 18 panel, machine-stitched Soft Touch volleyball with a nylon-wound bladder
- Equipment bag, with full zipper and carrying straps
Lightweight and Durable Aluminum Poles
The Park & Sun Sports Tournament 179 volleyball net system comes equipped with innovative, lightweight telescoping aircraft aluminum poles which measure 1 5/8 inches in diameter. These 3-piece poles feature a push-button locking system, allowing you to easily adjust the net to men’s (8′), women’s (7′ 4″) and co-ed (7′ 8″) playing heights.
Nylon-blend Netting System
The Park & Sun Sports Tournament 179 volleyball net system also comes with a regulation size Momentum net, with a length of 32 feet and a height of 3 feet. This nylon-blend net is attached to the pole through 4 convenient side straps, making it easy for you to attach it to the poles. It is reinforced with 1 ½-inch top tape to help keep the net taut. The net is guaranteed to withstand harsh weather because of its Nylon-blend netting system, so you won’t have to worry about leaving this net system outside. The system also comes with four 8-inch zinc-plated forged steel rust-resistant ground stakes to keep your net stable. The 3/16-inch double guyline with tension rings allows for quick adjustments and ensures the net remains taut, even during rough play.
The Park & Sun Sports Tournament 179 volleyball net system also comes with pre-measured boundary lines, 3/16-inch diameter, measuring 60 feet long and 30 feet wide, which is firmly secured to the ground with corner anchors. When not in use, the cord winder keeps everything wrapped up without tangles.
Machine-stitched Soft Touch volleyball
This portable volleyball net system is also furnished with an 18-panel, machine-stitched Soft Touch volleyball with a nylon-wound bladder. The cover is made of soft and durable synthetic material which lessens the impact on the wrists and arms when you hit it. Also included is a compact hand pump with two inflation needles to get you outside and playing without delay.
Convenient Storing and Transporting
The entire Park & Sun Sports Tournament 179 volleyball net system set fits inside a heavy-duty polyester zippered equipment bag with carry handles which makes transporting and storing extremely convenient.
- Very lightweight and durable
- The net system looks great
- Affordable price
- Easy to adjust to the three different net heights
- Very easy setup
- Shorter stakes than other Park & Sun Sports models
- The bottom of the net is saggy
- Tension rings slowly slip during games
- The ball is not high quality
Overall, the Park & Sun Sports Tournament 179 is a fairly decent volleyball net system for its price. The aluminum poles are lightweight and durable, the net is of good quality, it is fairly easy to adjust the tension, and it comes with everything you need to start your recreational volleyball game. This volleyball net system is not ideal for professional players, but it is perfect for beginners and amateurs.
Park and Sun Sports Spectrum 2000 Review
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!